A lovely friend of mine asked me this morning, "Are you doing anything for the super blue blood moon?! Should I be doing something?" And I'm so glad she asked. It got me focused with 48 hours to spare. 😹
Moon cycles come and go, but not all are equal. This upcoming lunar event is a Big Ticket Item for more than one reason:
1) It's a full moon, meaning it's a perfect time of month to Release. What are we tired of? What would we love to see depart so something better has room to arrive? What can we let go of to simplify? (People/Places/Things all apply.)
2) It's a super moon, meaning the moon will be as close to earth as possible. This affects water and water-based things. Think emotional surges, extreme high tides, that sort of thing. So what can we do to ground and center our own self so that when the people around us start to get a little bit crazy, we're still All Good?
3) It's a lunar eclipse. And eclipses always occur in pairs. The first one is akin to a door opening; the second eclipse shuts the door behind it. In the two-week period between eclipses, there's a heightened sense of revisiting the past or covering old ground. This is because eclipses belong to families; they occur in groupings that are chart-able and predictable. Meaning this is a time to examine the past, evaluate progress, and double down on course correction or course clarity as needed.
And as if that weren't enough, this is the only Blue Moon + Total Lunar Eclipse combo to occur in a 150 year time span. So there's a super focused, intense, once-in-a-lifetime vibration that everyone will feel, even if they aren't consciously aware of it.
This is a lot for anyone to process, consciously or no. I know my own quirks and foibles around high-energy times, and I can already feel some things moving and shaking. So here's what I'm doing for this lunar event:
- Self Care. I know it's a little overplayed right now, but the concept is solid. I'm going to fill my time with activities that move my goals forward and stimulate my soul. I'm also going to let myself sleep more if needed, and practice being extra-kind to anyone going through a rough emotional patch. It's easy to lash out when the world feels like a squeezy tube and you're not sure why.
- Goals & Intentions. I basically took 2017 off (though I was incredibly busy) and this year I'm diving back into my creative work. Which is a bit overwhelming! So I'm being extra super duper clear about my intentions for my creative work, and the goals I'd like to meet while doing said work. This energy window is great time to inject extra oomph.
- Infusions. I'm an energy person (not everyone is and that's ok) so I like to juice up objects with extra natural energy whenever possible. Unlike sunlight, which is fairly abundant and predictable, moon light is a more rare beasty. It takes planning to track it and line up objects beneath it. So for this lunar event, I'm actually going to be awake in the wee hours of the morning, infusing a bunch of things (crystals, water, salt, herbs, to name a few) so that they hold this incredibly expansive and emotional charge. I will also be infusing six crystal pendants that I will be offering with custom runesmithing, so if you're interested in wearing a personalized piece of the Super Full Moon Eclipse, let me know asap.
- Brewing. I'm making up a new batch of mead!
I send you lots of love and blessings for a smooth and wonderful lunar event! As always, if you want some extra support, just reach out and let me know. I'm here for you.
xoxo Love Kittie
I'm pleased to announce that Studio Kittie is headed a new direction! I'm diving deep into Runesmithing, which for me is the art of imbuing objects of beauty with the natural wisdom of the Elder Futhark Runes. You can read all about my decision to travel in this creative direction right here. And stay tuned, because the site will be getting redesigned soon, with all sorts of new jewelry and divination offers. It'll be awesome. xoxo